Frequently asked questions

๐Ÿ’ถ What do I have to do after payment?

To finalise your request, you will need to send us the photocopy of passport on the page containing the photo, valid for at least 6 months after your return to France. It should be sent to us via the secure link indicated in the payment confirmation email you will receive.. This can take up to an hour.

โš  The photocopy of the passport must be legible and in colour. There are no limits on format or weight via our site.

โœ… Belgian, French, German, Italian and Portuguese nationals may travel to Egypt with their identity card, which must be valid for at least 8 months after the date of return to France.. They must also bring a passport photo.

๐ŸŽซ Can I travel to Egypt with just my identity card?

โœ… Persons of nationality Belgian, French, German, Italian or Portuguese can apply for an Egypt e-Visa with identity card valid for at least 6 months after the date of arrival in Egypt. They must also bring a passport photo.

Start the application

๐Ÿ“‹ What documents do I need to present at immigration in Egypt?

Once in Egypt, you will need to present these documents to the immigration officer:

  • yourย passport or identity cardvalid for at least six months after your arrival in Egypt. This must be the same document used to issue the e-Visa.
  • yourย Printed e-Visa which will be sent to you by email (make a request)
  • your travel itinerary in Egypt
  • a proof of your reservations hotel/details of places to visit

๐Ÿ—บ What are the entry points into Egypt?

All Egyptian immigration points (air, sea or land) are eligible for e-Visa.

๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โœˆ What is the difference with a visa on arrival?

The visa on arrival, previously used to travel to Egypt, has several constraints:

  • the risk that you will not be accepted for publication on site, necessitating your repatriation
  • a sometimes long wait
  • stress over documents that are difficult to understand
  • a risk of not having the necessary supporting documents or information
  • you need US dollars to pay
  • visas on arrival increase the number of contacts, which should be avoided during the Covid-19 crisis

The e-Visa simplifies your visit to Egypt and covers most tourist trips to the region.

Start the application

๐Ÿšข Do I need to apply for an e-Visa if I'm taking a cruise to Egypt?

Yes, the e-Visa is valid for all entry points (sea, air or land).

Start the application

โœˆ๏ธ How can I obtain a free transit visa?

The transit visa allows you to stay in Egypt between 8h and 96h free of charge.
Certain conditions must be met:

  • travel with the company EgyptAir
  • enter Egypt via theCairo airport
  • complete the form at the EgyptAir transit office

โŒ What happens if my e-Visa application is refused or I am not eligible?

If you do not meet the criteria for applying for an e-Visa, or if your e-Visa application is refused, you can still apply for a "traditional" visa from the Egyptian government. Contact the nearest Egyptian embassy or consulate.

See the list of Egyptian embassies abroad

If you have been refused an e-Visa following an application on our website, the e-Visa application will be refunded in full.

โณ How long is this e-Visa valid for?

The e-Visa is valid for 30 days in Egypt from the date of entry into the country.

Once your e-Visa has been issued, you have 3 months to get to Egypt.

The multiple-entry e-Visa is valid for 6 months.

โฐ How long does it take to get an e-Visa?

As a general rule, e-Visas for Egypt are issued in 7 daysย for urgent departuresfrom the time your documents are sent.

This timeframe is purely indicative and not a commitment on our part, as we are dependent on the administrative services in Egypt.

๐Ÿ“ƒ Want to extend your tourism e-Visa?

Unfortunately, the e-Visa for Egypt cannot be extended or converted into a traditional visa.. In this case, please contact the Egyptian authorities to apply for a traditional visa.

๐Ÿ‘ถ Does this e-Visa also apply to minors?

The Egyptian government makes no distinction between an adult and a minor. Minors must have their own passport and therefore make a standard e-Visa application. The price is the same for adults and minors.

๐Ÿง’ Do I need to apply for an exit permit for my child?

If a minor leaves French territory without a legal guardian, he or she must be in possession of an identity card. Authorisation to leave the country (AST). This document can be requested online, and must be completed by one of the holders of parental authority. When travelling, this form must be accompanied by a copy of the legal guardian's identity document.

๐Ÿšจ What should you do if you've made a mistake in your application?

If you discover an error before sending your administrative documents, please indicate the correction to be made by sending these documents.

Beyond that moment, corrections can no longer be applied. We invite you to contact us for more information.

Once an e-Visa has been issued, its details cannot be changed. You will need to submit a new application if your information differs significantly.

โŒ I can no longer find my e-Visa, what should I do?

If you made your application online, you can find it in my account on the official website or ask us for it again if you submitted the application through us.

โŽ Want to cancel your request?

Unfortunately, once paid, an e-Visa application is non-refundable. Please contact us for further information..

โœ… Is my personal information secure?

The data you enter on this site is protected and will only be used to obtain the e-Visa you require.. Your data will be destroyed on your arrival in Egypt, unless otherwise instructed.

Finally, our payment process is secure, and no banking information about you is stored on our servers.